People employ various ways and means of enhancing their home security and wireless home security systems are often touted as one of the best ways of implementing home security. Other ways are – use of watchdog, use of wired camera security systems, joining a neighborhood watch group, use of alarm systems, sophisticated locks and a plethora of other security systems and measures (some of which are quite weird).There is none denying the fact that all these traditional home security measures are quite effective. However, wireless home security systems seem to have an edge over these traditional home security measures. The wireless security systems (e.g. Wireless camera security system) have 6 main advantages over their wired counterparts:
- Easy to install: The wireless home security systems are so easy to install that you can install them all by yourself. There is no need for getting outside help for installation/ configuration of a wireless security system. This is an advantage because in such a case only you would know the location of your wireless security cameras and the security codes etc.
On the other hand, most wired security systems are quite a hassle owing to their inherent ‘wire-ful’ nature. Managing these wires is quite a task in itself and in tackling those wires, you often tend to lose focus from the actual task i.e. proper and intelligent installation of a home security system. With wireless home security systems, you just need to concentrate on your home security plan without worrying about where you would run the wires from etc etc.
- Install anywhere: Since wireless security systems forego the use of wires, you can install them anywhere you wish (as long as they are in the range of their controller). This really makes things very convenient. You can install the wireless home security cameras in the bushes, on the terrace or just about any point that you want to monitor.
This is something that you would not be able to achieve with a wired security camera. Moreover, wireless home security also comes in camouflaged forms e.g. wireless home security cameras pre-fitted (or pre-hidden) in a lamp or a show piece etc.
- Flexibility (in altering your home security plan): With a wireless security system, you can easily alter your home security plan whenever you want e.g. the location of outdoor wireless security cameras can be easily changed in a hassle-free manner. On the contrary, a wired home security system would have you thinking about the wiring plan and the related hassle even before you can think of altering your home security plan.
- Cleaner look: One very distinctive advantage with wireless home security systems is that they are not at all messy. While a wired security system would have wires running all through your house (unless you want to compromise on your home security), a wireless security system (due to its inherent ‘wireless’ nature) would give a much cleaner look and without any compromises on the security of your home.
- Extra safe: Wireless security can also be considered safer than the wired security. A wired security system can quickly become un-operational if the wires get severed either due to lack of maintenance or due to intentional tampering by burglars etc. However, wireless home security is difficult to tamper with in that sense (sophisticated thieves/burglars might still be able to tamper low-end wireless security systems using devices that disrupt the wireless signals).
- Ease of maintenance: A wired security system is as such bulky (since the wires used for a wired security system also form part of the security system). Maintaining a bulky system is generally tougher and needs much more effort than a simple, less bulky one. The wires might need replacements or re-anchoring or re-routing etc. In case you go for a home improvement, your wired security systems might get affected quite a bit. However, with wireless security all these problems are non existent and hence their maintenance is quite easy.
Wireless security is often treated as the most apt answer to the home security concerns. However, the best thing to do is to use a combination of traditional home security techniques together with some of the wireless home security systems.